Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 is a newly added smartphone to Galaxy S series and it is a dual SIM device. The phone is powered with 1 GHz single core processor and runs on latest Google's phone operating system Android Ics v4.0. The Resolution of screen is 480 x 800 (WVGA) . Before this we have posted an article that contain an installation instruction on How to Root Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 and Install Clockworkmod Recovery using odin but now a XDA member xbox1900 shared an new rooting pack for Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 which helps to gain root on this device without ODIN and CWM so if you like his work don't forget to thanks him. So lets proceed to the main point of this article and that is how to Root Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 without Odin and Clockworkmod Recovery(CWM).
If you are new to Android and want to Root your device must read this article before proceeding to know what are advantages and Disadvantages of rooting android device. Rooting the device will void the manufacturer's warranty. So use at your own Risk! You will be responsible for whatever happens to your device and no one else.
A Samsung Galaxy S Duos model GT-S7562.
A computer running on windows xp or above with proper driver installed to connect your Galaxy S Duos to PC via USB cable.( can get it here)
Rooting kit: ROOT_GT-S7562.zip
- First of all i hope you have installed required driver on pc and downloaded the rooting kit.
- Next extract the rooting kit using any file extracting application like winzip or winrar better to extract in c:\ drive.
- The kit contain the following files : root.cmd, root.sh. AdbWinUsbApi.dll, AdbWinApi.dll and adb.exe and a folder tools.
- On phone you will have to enable USB debugging to enable USB debugging go to settings >> application >>Development and tick on USB debugging.
- Now connect your smartphone to computer or laptop via USB cable.
- Now go to the extracted folder ROOT_GT-S7562 open it and double click the file root.cmd
- Now the rooting process begin you can see results on cmd screen and follow the instructions. See the pic below:
- Once finished close the window, disconnect the phone, find SU in application drawer.
Congratulation Now you have gained superuser right on your Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 so now you can install custom ROM like KyleOPEN ROM v2.1 on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 and apps that require root access. To unroot flash the whole stock rom using odin. So if you have any problem in installation can post on thread page ,or can post in comments below.