What is Rooting? Rooting is the process in which the limitations are removed and full-access is allowed. Once rooted, the Android phone owner will have more control over many settings, features and performance of their phone. Basically, rooting means to get to the root of the operating system and to have the ability to make global changes. So here is how to Root Samsung galaxy S2 i9100G. Remember rooting void manufacturer warranty.
Use at your own Risk! I am not responsible for any damage to your mobile phone or any other issues.
Steps to Root Samsung galaxy S2 i9100G
Root File:(not mirrored) Root_S2_i9100G.zip
- Download Root_S2_i9100G.zip
- Place the downloaded file to the root of your phone SD Card.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S II
- Reboot into recover mode by pressing Home + Volume up button and Power button together.
- When you are in recovery mode, select “Update from SD Card”.
- Now select Root_S2_i9100G.zip (the zip file you downloaded in step 1) and ok.
- Now your phone will be rooted after which you can select the reboot option.
That is all now your android phone is Rooted.
Installing ClockWorkMod (CWM) for Galaxy S2 i9100G
CWM: (not mirrored) CWM_S2_i9100G.zip
- Place it on the root directory of your phone's SD card.
- Then goto Recovery mode by holding <Home+Power+Vol Up>
- Select the Zip.
- Install it
- Now you will see the CWM recovery instead of Default Samsung Recovery mode.
Congratulation! you have learn how to install root and cwm on galaxy S2. Now you have gained super users right on your device so now you can install custom Rom, mod pack on your galaxy S2.